The Penguins GOALS Foundation will disperse grants to a limited number of local, non-profit organizations at the conclusion of each American Hockey League season. If your non-profit organization would like to be considered as a grant recipient, please make sure your application is submitted before the end of the 2014-15 season.
The Penguins GOALS Foundation makes grants to nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Grants will be awarded to non-profit organizations focusing on the following areas:
- Physical Well Being: emphasizing participation in physical activities through youth sports and exercise.
- Hockey: emphasizing the quality of the game of hockey, diversity, special needs and development.
- Health: emphasizing wellness, providing funding for treatment, and helping kids develop healthy lifestyles
- Life Skills: teaching teamwork as a life skill
- Education: creating new programs and methods to encourage kids to value education.
Exclusions – The Penguins GOALS Foundation does not support the following:
- Non tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations
- Fundraising events, sponsorships
- Capital and endowment campaigns
- Organizations that advocate religious beliefs or restrict participation on the basis of religion
- Amateur or school sports teams
- Multi-year pledge requests
- General operating costs, staff salaries, travel expenses or political campaigns
- Recreational group outings or trips