- GOALS Foundation will conduct a 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza on such of the dates on which home games (regular season and post-season) of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are scheduled to be played as it may elect.
- On each of those dates, Raffle tickets will be sold throughout the Mohegan Sun Arena from the time its gates are opened to the public through the beginning of the 3rd period of that date’s game or the time at which a decision is announced that the game or its completion has been postponed to a laterdate or cancelled. Such sales shall be for cash, as follows: (a) three tickets for five dollars; (b) ten tickets for ten dollars; and (c) Forty tickets for twenty dollars. Every Raffle ticket sale will be final and each ticket purchased will represent one entry in the drawing for the winner of the Raffle.
- Following the beginning of the 3rd period, a single winning Raffle ticket will be randomly drawn utilizing an automated computer program. The winning ticketholder need not be present at the time of the drawing in order to win. The winning Raffle ticket will be announced during the last 5 minutes of the game, by posting its number on the arena’s electronic side boards from time to time and by there after being posted for at least the next thirty days on the Penguins website www.wbspenguins.com under the “Community” Tab.
- Each Raffle, and all tickets, transactions, participants, purchasers, winners and other aspects of
the Raffle whatsoever, are subject to these Official Rules, to the Pennsylvania Local Option
Small Games of Chance Act and the regulations adopted pursuant thereto (together, “the Act”),
and to any and all other statutes and regulations that may be applicable thereto.
- Half of the amount of the gross proceeds from the sale of tickets to each Raffle (as determined
by the GOALS Foundation in its sole discretion) shall constitute the Raffle’s prize (the “Prize”). The other half shall be retained by GOALS Foundation in accordance with the Act. Prize winners will be subject to all withholding tax and other federal, state and local tax requirements.
- To prove entitlement to any Prize, the holder of the winning Raffle ticket must do the following, in person, either at the Fan Assistance Booth located on the main concourse behind section 108, before the end of the game or, thereafter, by appointment at the offices of the WBS Penguins located at 40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA on or before midnight of the day which is 30 days following the later of the last day of The WBS Penguins regular season or of its last post-season game: (a) produce the winning Raffle ticket; (b) complete and sign the appropriate Prize Claim Form; and (c)complete and sign all applicable tax forms. Once those steps have been timely completed to its reasonable satisfaction, the GOALS Foundation will within thirty days thereafter mail its check, in the amount of the Prize net of any applicable tax withholding, to the person and at the address specified in the Prize Claim Form. Any Prize that is not properly and timely so claimed and any Prize check so mailed that is returned undeliverable, shall be deemed forfeited and the Prize amount shall instead be retained by the GOAL Foundation in accordance with the Act.
- Raffle tickets may not be purchased and Prizes may not be claimed by any person who is: (a)
not at least 18 years old; (b) visibly intoxicated; or (c) selling tickets for or otherwise engaged in
the operation of that Raffle or is a director and/or officer of the GOALS Foundation or a member of the immediate family of any such person. A Raffle ticket is void and its holder is ineligible to win the Prize if there is sufficient evidence, in the sole discretion of the GOALS Foundation, that the ticket was improperly issued, printed in duplicate or in error, counterfeited, stolen, illegible, altered or subject to other similar or dissimilar material deficiencies and the GOALS Foundation will have no liability with respect to or the redemption in error of such a ticket. Unauthorized persons copying, selling or altering Raffle tickets or otherwise undermining the legitimate operation of a Raffle are subject to prosecution.
- By purchasing a Raffle ticket, each ticketholder agrees to have his or her name, biographical
information, photograph, image and likeness, and voice published, broadcast and otherwise
reproduced by the GOALS Foundation and/or the WBS Penguins in any media or format,
worldwide, for publicity and promotional purposes, without notice, review or approval and
without further payment or consideration, for an unlimited duration.
- Each person who purchases a Raffle ticket, together with his or her personal representatives,
heirs, successors and assigns (collectively, a “Participant”), is by that act conclusively deemed
to have agreed with the GOALS Foundation as follows: (a) to defend, indemnify, release and forever discharge the GOALS Foundation, the WBS Penguins and each of the other Minor League Hockey Clubs(individually and collectively), the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and the respective present and future affiliated entities, owners (direct and indirect), officers, directors, employees, agents and committees of the foregoing persons or entities (collectively the “Released and Indemnified Parties”), from and against any and all claims, injuries, losses, damages or liabilities of any nature whatsoever to persons or property, which such Participant may now or hereafter assert, including but not limited to claims for injury, death, illness or damages, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in any Raffle and from acceptance, receipt, ownership, possession, misuse or use of any Prize; (b) to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or defect in the operation of any Raffle or in these Official Rules; (c) that the Released and Indemnified Parties have made no representation, warranty or guaranty, expressed or implied, in law or in fact, relative to the operation of the Raffles or to any Prize, and are not responsible for any errors in Raffle operations, Prizes or materials; (d) to waive all rights to bring a class action suit or to claim punitive, incidental, special and consequential
damages, attorney’s fees or any damages from or against any of the Released and Indemnified
Parties other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to purchase a Raffle ticket; (e) that any
disputes will be resolved in Wilkes-Barre and governed under Pennsylvania law, without reference to its conflicts of law principles; (f) that any failure to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision; and (g) that the GOALS Foundation may modify, suspend or postpone any Raffle to the extent in its judgment necessitated by, infection, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention or technical failure or by force majeure or any other reason beyond its reasonable control.
- The GOALS Foundation is a Pennsylvania not-for-profit corporation, which enjoys IRC Section 501(c)(3) tax exempt status and which raises money for distribution to charitable organizations. WBS Hockey is a Pennsylvania limited partnership, which owns and operates the Minor League Hockey team known as the WBS Penguins. While the two entities are affiliated, each is a separate legal entity, distinct from the other. The GOALS Foundation is conducting the Raffles at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza with the permission of the Penguins, but the GOALS Foundation is solely responsible for the operation and conduct of the Raffles. A copy of the GOALS Foundation’s official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free in Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.